Last week I finished another little project that took about 2 days to finish. I originally wanted to use this yarn to make a bobble scarf, but got bored with that quickly. It’s been in my knitting box for about 2 years now, so I frogged it and made it into a ribby scarf for winter. It was so simple to make, I just watched Skavlan while knitting it. I was actually quite pleased with how much I could understand, but I still find Swedish the easiest to understand and Danish easier to speak!
I decided I wanted to do another colourwork project, so I ordered Icelandic Lett Lopi yarn and have already started on my Aftur jumper. I’m hoping it’ll be done in time for Scandinavia.
I’ve also been working on some sewing. I’ve wanted a Kasia skirt from Burda for ages now, and have had the fabric sitting in a box. So the other day I stuck the pattern together, traced the pieces and am ready to make a mock-up just to see how it fits. I’ve gone with hips being 2 sizes larger than my waist, so hopefully that will work but we’ll see!
I’ll be using this dark blue fabric, which thankfully has stretch in it, so fitting should be slightly easier. I’m still not sure whether to do contrasting pockets, or whether to put the zip in the back instead of the front. Decisions!