I started my Selbu modern on Wednesday and finished it on Thursday evening! I’ve already blocked it on a plate and I’ve even woven in all the ends. I love the colours and I’m so pleased none came out on my hands or needles, or even during blocking. The colour is nice and solid, and I’m pretty proud of it! The colours are truest in the first picture, bright yellow and blue.
I’ll hopefully get a picture of me actually wearing the hat when the weather turns a bit colder!
This pattern was so easy to follow and reminded me how much I love colourwork. Another good thing is that I only used 25g of each colour, so I’ve got most of the 100g balls left for another Swedishy coloured project.
I also finished work on my Coraline over a week ago, but have yet to kitchener stitch the underarms and weave in all the ends. It’s going to need pretty strong blocking too, just to get the kinks out of the alpaca and get the smocking to show up nicely.