I’ve been getting through quite a lot lately, but still not as much as I’d like! I finished and blocked Ishbel. As usual neither of my cameras could capture the brightness of the green properly!
I’m a fair way through Coraline which I’m making in Drops Alpaca. I had a bit of a problem with the sleeve, so I ripped it back and started again. I’ve never been too happy with DPN’s, but using this fluffy, soft alpaca it made stopping ladders between the needles even harder. So I switched tactics and took to moving the stitches around the needles so the stitch between the needles is in a different place each time. Far better!
And I also tried out my new Jacquard dyes and my first attempt was to get a colour close to one I fell in love with in Copenhagen.
As usual my camera (or maybe my shoddy photography skills!) failed to capture the orange, which on my monitor at least looks redder than it does in reality. I’m in love with orange and autumnal colours at the moment. Maybe that’s because it feels more like autumn than summer here!
But to balance it out I tried out a really bright yellow
I’m not sure how it looks on different monitors, but the yellow is like highlighter bright.
For now it’s back to work on finishing up a few projects so I can get started on some more before the real autumn weather sets in.