RSS Feed

Bitten by the bug

I tried dyeing and I loved it. I just about waited for my first ever dyed yarn to dry before casting on. I’m making Damson shawl out of it, and I hope I’ll have just about enough.

Then yesterday I hit the kitchen again. This time I attempted a green blue mix. The only problem is that my green dye seems to be really dominant, so the skein came out greener than I’d hoped. I still like it though.
Hand-dyed 2
Not content with that for a days dyeing I opened my pot of pink and dyed my last skein of sock weight. To me it looks a bit more red than pink, but I guess if I watered down the solution it would come out lighter.
Hand-dyed 3
So now I’ve only got a skein of aran left and some mohair! I think I might try one in just blue and the other will be a complete colour experiment, I could even aim for purple! After this though I’m definitely going to have to buy more undyed yarn, dyes and fixers!
On another note Knit Nation’s this weekend! Even though I’ve got too much yarn (mostly from what I’ve been dyeing) I’m going to have to buy some Wollmeise. I’ve never had any and I just need it.

Advertisements

About fredericaknits

I'm an avid knitter and i've just started writing my own designs. I'll be posting my designs and general crafty goodness.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: